2011 KAL- January Square

I joined a group on Ravelry in order to motivate myself to actually finish a blanket for Jude (my cross-stitch blanket I bought while pregnant with him is still no where near being finished). Each month I will be knitting a 1'x1' square so that by the end of the year I'll have 12 squares to make into a 3'x4' blanket. The group has 3 options for the squares each month: easy, medium, hard. So far I haven't ventured to try the hard squares...it's a goal I've mine though.

Here is the January square:
It is based off of this pattern. But I made sure it was 12' before beginning to decrease. It was a quick knit and I'm happy with the results.

Jude got a hold of it a couple of times during the making. It was hard to totally keep it away from him though since he was on my lap at times. I think I got a bit obsessed with finishing it ;)

Comments

  1. I love this idea! I, too, have unfinished "baby" blankets. My youngest child will be 3 in June!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment