Friday, November 2, 2012
What a Lovely Surprise!
I was happily surprised when I checked my e-mail and saw that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Lenetta Carnes. I was glad to see that she enjoyed my Persi-nnamon Bread recipe. I know my blog is not visited too often but I’m glad to get comments and especially to have a nomination for this award.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
-Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
-Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
-Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them to your post.
-Go to their page and tell them about the award.
-No tag backs!
Random Facts About Me:
1. I met my husband on the first day of college, in our first class. (We were both transfer students and came in as juniors)
2. I sometimes eat dinner just so I can justify eating dessert.
3. I cloth diaper my boys (but I still use disposables when we’ll be out of the house for a long time because I really don’t want to carry around dirty diapers for 2.)
4. My favorite breakfast lately is a chocolate banana smoothie.
5. I used to have bad stomach cramps after eating bananas but since I’ve gone gluten free they’ve stopped!
6. I never thought I’d be living in Japan because I’m very close to my family and couldn't imaging living so far away from them. My husband and I found a great church family here that really help us to not miss the states.
7. I wish there were more hours in the day because there is so much I want to do and learn.
8. I never enjoyed cooking and cleaning until I became a stay at home mom.
9. I enjoy trying new recipes!
10. My slow cooker is like my personal chef...I rely on it most days of the week.
I have another blog for my teacher related things I make (http://craftymommaknits.blogspot.com)
11. I learned to knit not knowing how much I'd really enjoy it.
Lenetta’s Questions for me:
“Would you rather see a movie at the theater or at home on DVD? Why?"
I’d rather see a movie at home because: 1. it’s cheaper and 2. I would want to try and bring my 2 year old and 5 month old to a theater.
"If someone wrote a book about your life, what would they title it?"
Wow, I would be honored. I Don’t Have All the Answers, But I Know the One Who Does.
"What was the worse thing that has happened to you in the last week?"
I’ve had a pretty good week. I guess it would be waking up multiple times a night to nurse my youngest...I’m so exhausted after a few nights of the same thing.
“What are you most looking forward to in the next year?”
Spending time with my husband and sons.
“What person in history would you most like to meet?”
An obvious answer for me would be Jesus but a close second would be Paul (Saul).
"Do you dream in color?"
Yes, my dreams are very vivid sometimes
"What was your favorite book as a child?"
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
"What was the best thing that has happened to you in the last week?"
I’m going to say two. Seeing my youngest start to sit up on his own and hearing my oldest start to say more words.
"If your life was a song, what would the title be?"
I really can’t think of an answer for this one
"What is happiness to you?"
The love of Christ, family, and friends
"What was the last gift you gave someone?"
It was for my mom but hasn’t been delivered yet so I won’t say ;)
My nominees are (I apologize if you’ve been nominated before or have more than 200 followers, I did my best to try and stick to those rules):
My Questions Are:
1.What are you most thankful for currently?
2. Since we've just finished Halloween, what is your favorite candy?
3. What inspired you to become a blogger?
4. If you could have any profession, what would it be?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
6. If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
7. What new skill would you enjoy learning?
8. What is one of your favorite blogs that you follow?
9. When you go for a snack: sweet or salty?
10. What is your favorite store?
11. What is one word that describes you?